Saint Mary Parish in Rifle and Sacred Heart in Silt are on the Western Slope of Colorado, about 25 miles west of Glenwood Springs, CO.
We are a bi-cultural Parish, of English and Spanish speaking people. Saint Mary Parish was established in 1910. Our Church and Rectory and other buildings were on Fifth Street in Rifle. In 1996 we purchased about 6 acres of land on the corner of 7th and Birch. We planned for and began to build our new Church in February of 2001.
We moved up the hill to our new Church on October 7, 2001. This was the first phase of construction. The upper part of the building was not complete but we had Mass in the lower part of the building. On the Second Sunday of Advent, December 5, 2004, Archbishop Chaput came to Rifle to dedicate our permanent Church.
Donations can be sent to:
St. Mary Catholic Church
P.O. BOX 191
Rifle, CO 81650
Or can be done online at:
Select Parish: Saint Mary-Rifle